For the $10 Start Up Blog to be up and running smoothly, I need a proper functioning workstation.
You see, I don’t come from a very well to do family, but I am lucky enough that my parents can still see me through university. I am currently using a tablet to do my blogging and school work. Can you imagine the speed it is moving at, coupled with the low productivity of typing on a touch screen?
Furthermore, I cannot install wordpress.org to gain access to all the amazing plugins.
With a proper functioning laptop, I can start developing the $10 Start Up Blog on wordpress.org, registering my own dot com! Furthermore, I can work on a business idea that has been running wild in my mind, which I can’t take action because I don’t have the right tools.
Somehow, my prayer was answered.
My Chance Is Now!
While I was walking to the school library yesterday, I stumbled upon a poorly designed, unappealing ad, promoting an iBook writing Competition. Despite its aesthetics, my eyes were glued to it.
Winner gets a 13″ MacBook Air. Enough said.
This is my chance. My chance to own an amazing workstation, a masterpiece from Apple.
My Game Plan
A great mentor I had (he still is my mentor in a way), Eddie, once told me, “if you want something bad enough, you will do anything and everything to get it. Its the law of attraction.”
This is how I am going to do it:
- Research a selected topic like crazy from now and pen down, in point form, the things I want to mention in the book.
- Over the weekend, I am going to type out the content in proper paragraphs and finish writing my book draft. I will also include photos and maybe a video (if it applies, because it is one of the requirements set by the committee).
- By Sunday evening, I will get my brother to proof read my book, I will proof read it once more, get another friend to proof read it.
- On Wednesday, I will attend the iBook writing workshop, to look at what other requirements they are asking for, what factors are they looking out for in selecting their winner.
- Edit the book according to their requirement.
- Once done, I will submit my work (upload to Dropbox) and pray for the best to happen.
Ideally, I win myself a MacBook Air and start writing amazing eBooks for the internet.
If not, a 2nd place is not too bad (its an iPad).
Worst case, I walk away with the experience of writing an eBook from scratch. This will come in handy for my upcoming eBook, The $10 Start Up, How I started my Online Business with Ten Dollars. Additionally, I would’ve also attended a free iBook writing course which would’ve cost me some money!
Anyone reading this, wish me luck!